Monday, November 07, 2005

i write this for the loveless/and the risks we take

I don't know about "loveless" but I took a risk this weekend and paid for it, $20 to be exact. I just bought a sweet new pocket knife last week, and had it on me when I went to a show on Saturday. Big mistake apparently, I forgot they take those things, I guess it makes sense, they don't want anyone getting stabbed. But if I was actually serious about hurting someone there are about a hundred ways I could have snuck something deadly in, rather than keep it in my pocket where they'd obviously look. Whatever. The show was probably worth it. Darkest Hour and Converge were the headlining bands and Ringworm and The Red Chord opened. The opening bands were pretty boring, Ringworm, whatever Jacob Bannon says about them being his favorite band were pretty generic sounding and their bad jokes about dogs and sex didn't really help anything. The Red Chord were a little better, they had a better sense of humor at least, they just didn't really seem to have a cohesive sound. They screwed around alot, but there was some decent grindage in there somewhere. Darkest Hour was next and they really put on an excellent show. It is probably true that the crowd makes a big part of the concert experience, and this crowd did not shirk any duties. The whole place was a frenzy of flying bodies, water, probably some beer and the sound of a band working as one brilliant explosive unit. Converge played last, and it was pretty gratifying to see a band whom I respect alot artistically and whose album Jane Doe is important to me personally. They played a good mix of older songs and newer ones, with Jacob Bannon reminding everyone that throwing up on stage can actually look cool if done correctly. Ok, maybe cool isn't the word but it didn't take away from the performance at least. I know I have posted on Converge recently, so I apologize I guess if you don't like them.

Darkest Hour - For The Soul Of The Savior

Converge - The Broken Vow

*Sorry if you are disappointed that I have no bad digital pictures of the show, I didn't have my camera...although they probably would have found a reason to take that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home