Monday, October 31, 2005

catch a triptychnosis/if you ever try to smoke this

Happy Halloween everyone! This is my holiday special, and I should have a little something for everyone.

This song is from the end of the first Final Destination, normally I wouldn't find a song this tame appropriate for a Halloween post. But that is just it, the song sounds just like a mid 90's alt-rock radio tune, but the lyrics are actually pretty morbid. It was orginally done by Laura Nyro in the 60's, but I have never heard that version. Nor have I heard anything else done by Joe 90, that would violate my automatic bias against bands with retarded names.

Joe 90 - And When I Die

This is just a short bit of the Gravediggaz, and I know that I have posted on them before, but they are so perfect for Halloween I couldn't resist. A tongue-in-cheek take on Funkadelic's "Mommy, What's a Funkadelic?" this song actually has my favorite beat on the album along with a quick verse from each rapper in the group.

Gravediggaz - Mommy, What's A Gravedigga?

Now here's the real Halloween right here. This band plays a genre of music known as gore-grind, the lyrics of which probably wouldn't actually offend anyone less knowlegable than a graduate anatomy student but the sound pretty much lays it out for everyone else. The Brazilian Lymphatic Phlegm plays almost hypnotic music that you will either really hate or really love, but listen before you decide.

Lympahtic Phlegm - Happy Sickness Of Life (Exulceration)


Lympahtic Phlegm - Tuberculous Degeneration of the Lymphatic Ganglions Aroused by the Outcoming Bacillus from Blood and Lymph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home