Friday, October 28, 2005

all my friends are ghosts

Been digging through some music I haven't listened to in a while, so that will probably be reflected in the next couple of posts. Two songs for this fine friday afternoon, both punkish bands that I listened to around the start of high school frequently. The first song that shares a title with this post is a great little punk song, with lyrics addressing disillusionment among friends and the depressing side of living repetitive lives. Not the brightest subject, but it's catchy bassline, buzzing guitar and faint organ really go well with the classic punk vocals. The second song is a slightly more poppy and positive song about wanting a girlfriend. Not really breaking any new ground in lyrical subjects obviously, but I probably like this song the most out of MxPx's catalouge. It just hums along and leaves you with the same nostalgic puppy love-like feeling after watching a John Hughes movie or some sort. I don't know if that is an appealing or deterring description, but hopefully you'll like at least one of these songs.

Scared of Chaka - All My Friends Are Ghosts

MxPx - Let It Happen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home