Sunday, October 02, 2005

yeah i listen to techno, so what!

Well, I'm not sure whether these songs qualify as techno, IDM, or some electronic sub-genre that I don't care to find out. Either way, the title for this post comes from a one of my brother's friends about 6 years ago. They were all into being punk/metal, and he yelled it loudly and exited the room quickly when some credibility destroying pop-electronic music was found on his computer. That action indirectly correlates with the title of the M83 track posted today, ironically enough. Today I thought that I would just post two songs of the digital flavor, both are from the respective artists' latest albums. The M83 track is probably not the best on the album, but it gets stuck in my head a lot, and I think the afore-mentioned title is kind of interesting in relation to how the song sounds. The Vitalic song similarly sounds innocuous, but works its own little way into your consciousness, and you find yourself thinking of the melody that could seemingly be from anywhere in your memory. (See, you always get rewarded by mental metaphysical meandering if you just wait until the end of the post...)

M83 - Teen Angst


Vitalic - U and I

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheesy? no way! when i listen to vitalic i think of a huge foam party...flashlights and soapy bodies.

i feel that the next post should feature the techno version of "cotton eyed joe"

you know!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home