Monday, September 19, 2005

because you cared

They sang this song at my church the other week, and it's been in my head since then. I found this version here, and it carried some of the original feeling that I got when I heard it performed. There are some slightly cheesy chimey things going on and such, but when the chorus still kicks in, it is powerful. The lead singer sounds a little like Al Green, and that doesn't hurt either. In my previous post, I talked about how rare it is that lyrics matter to me, but this song is a definite exception. In this case, I am reminded in a beautiful way how much He does care. When you listen to this, I hope that you get some of the same impression.

The Standford Gospel Choir - Jesus, I Love You

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man! i have heard this before at work. the night baker would come in and bring a mini radio and play her gospel tapes all night. she was bodacious and oh-so-warm.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home