Monday, September 05, 2005

The sound...of a brand-new world.

Just watched True Stories this weekend, which I have been meaning to do since I found the soundtrack on vinyl at the thrift store freshman year of high school. I have always liked the Talking Heads to some degree, I remember my aunt playing the Stop Making Sensevideo for me when I was young, but listening to this album was when I first realized how set apart this band was from the denizens of other 80's bands I grew up hearing on the radio. Just as with the True Stories movie, David Byrne had such a clear vision of what he wanted to convey with his art. Under his direction, the Talking Heads maintained a playful but stern critique of modern life all the while producing visionary and influential, (one very successful, and likewise influential British band took their name from this song), music that was still very tangible. And hey, the movies are great too! Ok, enough talk...

Talking Heads - Radio Head

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice song. KWR

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home