Friday, April 22, 2005

death's ebon dart

Here is my favorite song by this doom-metal band, which is funny because this isn't a metal song at all. The song is a beautiful composition of strings and spoken word. As I'm sure you can perceive by the title, the song is about the death of a lover. The lyrics are slightly melodramatic, it's kind of apparent that these guys like being sad and actually work at it, but hey practice makes perfect. Or whatever. Anyway, I don't really listen to the lyrics as much, I just like the deep drone of the singer's voice against the flowing accompaniment. This song is perfect to listen to late in the night, as the shapeless darkness around you fills with layers of melancholic brilliance.

My Dying Bride - For My Fallen Angel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home