Tuesday, April 05, 2005

surfer girl

The song today comes from the Pixies third proper album, Bossanova. This album for me is less of another group of songs that I know well, and more of a place that I go. So far I haven't posted much music from bands that mean a lot to me, I have posted single songs that stand out. However, with the Pixies, I wish that I could just post up their entire catalouge and talk about each song in detail, but that would just be turgid. So instead I am posting this song, and I hope you like it. The glimmering melody rocks back and forth while Frank Black blissfully articulates his acrostic poem:
She's my fave
Undressing in the sun
Return to sea - bye
Forgetting everyone
Eleven high
Ride a wave
Apparently, Black thought that this was an anagram, thus the name...but it's an acrostic poem, I guess "acros" isn't quite as good a name for the song. Either way, here's the song already.

The Pixies - Ana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home