Friday, March 18, 2005

this boy is exhausted

I was driving back from Virginia Tech last year at around one in the morning and I was listening to an mp3 cd I had made with about 300 songs on it, and this song came on. I had only a couple My Morning Jacket songs at that point, and wasn't all that familar with them so I didn't even recognize it as them. I actually thought it was a random live Modest Mouse song or something, (it was one in the morning), but regardless, the song immediately affected me. There was something about the slightly out of tune acquiescence of the song that made me feel like Jim Jones knew all about the big angsty burden on my back, but it didn't matter anymore. There aren't many songs like this, so enjoy the last half-hour of daylight and have a seat on the porch while MMJ put away those old september blues.

My Morning Jacket - Old September Blues

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home