Tuesday, March 08, 2005

G to the R to the A to the V, E to the D to the I to the G, G to the A to the zigzag-Z

Yeah, so I'm going to be real original today and post a track by the Gravediggaz, even though Evigan Funk did a week or so ago. Well, I justify it because he has stopped doing that blog now and has moved onto another. Anyways, he posted 1-800 Suicide and Pass the Shovel by this entertaining and extremely talented Misfits of hip-hop, which I loved and bought the album over break, (see RIAA...I have some honor!). I'm not going to try and pretend that I know alot about the members involved and the history of the group, I'll let this dude fill you in if'n you're interested. All I can say is that 6 Feet Deep, which this track is from does not have one crap track. The song that I chose to post here I think other than 1-800 Sucide does a pretty good job of summarizing what I like about the album. The completely unhinged guitar loop sliding in and out of the death-rattle high-hat and a back beat stomping to it's own otherworldly rhythm combine with each rapper's individual abilities to paint the dark portrait of the grim and smoggy world the Gravediggaz inhabit.

Gravediggaz - Defective Trip (Trippin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home