Monday, February 14, 2005

It's a Lemonheads Monday!

Okay...well I'm just going to fill up what tiny server space I have with Lemonheads songs today. In middle school I listened to Its a Shame About Ray pretty much every day for a couple months, until I discovered punk and got rid of the tape. I got another copy of the album last summer and gave it another chance and realized how much I liked it even after all these years. (Unbeknownst to me, the Lemonheads were way ahead of me anyway in punk cred, having covered the Misfits "I Want Your Skull"...oh well." Unfortunately Evan Dando's drug-riddled reputation, and the "Mrs. Robinson" cover will probably rule in the minds of most people when they think of the Lemonheads, but hopefully a few of them will hear these songs. "Brian Damage" is technically a Blake Babies song, but since Evan Dando wrote it, I'm including it here. (And since Juliana Hatfield sings on pretty much every other song on Its a Shame About Ray, it might as well be the Lemonheads.) The rest of the songs are from that very album that got me through those dark days of middle school, so without further ado:

The Lemonheads - Alison's Starting to Happen
The Lemonheads - Ceiling Fan in my Spoon
The Lemonheads - My Drug Buddy
The Lemonheads - Bit Part
The Blake Babies - Brain Damage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home