Tuesday, April 19, 2005

crimson flames tied through my ears

Beautiful weather folks, which in turn, (turn, turn ha ha get it? ahhhhh), calls for a beautiful song! This Dylan cover done by the Byrds fits the bill most definitely with it's warm harmonies and cheerful guitar jangle. The lyrics aren't too bad either, Dylan was reflecting on the purist tendencies of his audience and the motivations behind the begining of his career in a very poetic and articulate way. It's funny the way that when Dylan wrote songs they were more prophetic about the way the culture in the 60's was going, and when the Byrds got around to covering them the songs were actually descriptive of the time. They did a good job covering his songs too, as this one was a top 20 hit for them and others were quite popular as well. Everytime that I have listened to this song recently, I keep thinking that it was in a movie I have seen...anyone know the one I'm trying to think of?

The Byrds - My Back Pages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home