Wednesday, April 20, 2005

gateway music

Even though I don't personally smoke, that doesn't mean I don't have an immense appreciation for smoking-related music, some of which I would like to share.

Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf

Gotta start with the basics, this is probably my favorite Sabbath song of all time as well.

The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life

I read an interview somewhere where Paul said that he wrote this song about marijuana.

Dead Meadow - Sleepy Silver Door

Local masters of psychedelic riffing, fantastic song.

High on Fire - Eyes and Teeth

Slow starting opening track from Surrounded By Thieves, this song is a perfect example of why these guys are so well respected, they have massive groove. I saw them last January and my ears rang for the next day.

Valkyrie - Endless Crusade

Saw these guys from Shenandoah Valley play in town a week ago, very friendly guys and very talented.

Dub Sweet Leaf

Ummm...definitely worth a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home