Thursday, April 28, 2005

I don't know how to say this...but here's Roky Erickson

Ok, well I couldn't finish out this year without a Roky post so here it is. I had an extremely hard time deciding which of his many awesome songs to to post here, but I finally narrowed it down to these two. I think that these songs pretty well show Roky's different sides, a catchy rocking song about imagining demons and a quiet and heartfelt love song. It's kind of amazing that the same person could be so sincere about both subjects, and pull it off convincingly. When you consider what Roky has been through, being in the foremost psychedelic band in the 1960's, going to an asylum for drug rehab, dealing with schizophrenia, and then having his record label trying to screw him at every turn, its definitely amazing. If you have never heard Roky before, I envy the experience you're about to have. Learn more about Roky here.


Roky Erickson - I Think of Demons


Roky Erickson - I Love the Living You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home