Monday, April 25, 2005

stealing from enya? come on guys...that's low.

I am sure that most of you will know this song, it was all over the radio when The Score came out. I heard it too, but never really listened to it much until last year, when for some reason I became strangely infatuated with it. I really liked the beat alot, and listened to it over and over. I procured the instrumental version of it at some point and listened to it just as much. Then one day I searched for the song, wondering what sample they had used, and to my chagrin found out that it was Enya. Yes, the same Enya that provides aural relaxation for strip mall illuminati while searching for energy leaks in their psychic awareness. Oh well, strike two for music credibilty. The funny part about the whole thing was that they took the sample from Enya's song without asking, her daughter heard it on the radio and recognized it. Apparently she didn't sue, which is cool because suuing is wack. Anyways, here are all the ways you can listen to this song:

The Fugees - Ready or Not

The Fugees - Ready or Not (Instrumental)

Enya - Boadicea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home