Tuesday, September 13, 2005

last dose

Some days ago, when my roommate looked up at me and said, "Man! New Orleans is getting pounded!" I thought he was simply referring to a sports game on the TV. Later that day when I saw images of the devestation caused by Katrina, I was suddenly aware of what the word "pounded" could mean. People, myself included, use hyperbole when describing things that they think are heavy, metal music for instance. It's always shocking when those words are actually used to describe something truly massive.

Crowbar, and their friends and family in New Orleans have now experienced the some of the full extension of what "heaviness" can be, along with the rest of the the nation being reminded by the images in the media. Fortunately, it sounds like they have fared well, considering, according to posts on this forum.

This song is off of Crowbar's 2001 Sonic Excess In Its Purest Form, and opens the album stretching and effortlessly flexing musical muscle.

Crowbar - The Lasting Dose

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you eat those crusty ginger candies anymore? those were tough like this song!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home