Monday, October 10, 2005

fools and kings decide ways to live your life

I generally consider myself able to manage my own life, sometimes I need some help, yes, but I think mostly I am capable of my 20 year-old existence. This is not a view held by everyone though, and even though I try to forget it, people like my napolenic RA find great ways to remind me. Getting back to school today, I opened my email to find one from him announcing his campaign to have a meeting next Tuesday. I was made aware that this was only the first reminder email, there would be more to come, along with physical signs posted throughout the dorm. He even defined "Manditory" for me, in case my poor LD ravaged brain couldn't conjure it up. "Manditory means that I will be taking role, and giving it to the HR." The content of the meeting is still a mystery, not unlike the pyramid-scheme "work from your computer" TV ads that never actually tell you what the work is, but apparently the meeting will "go over a range of things." Oh boy, maybe this range of things will include how to correctly dress myself without assistance, because last meeting was all about how to operate the washing machine.

Sorry to complain, I don't plan on doing this much here, but Guided By Voices was exactly the right thing to be listening to as I checked my email today. It made me laugh when the line from "A Good Flying Bird" that I used for the title of this post came on as I was reading email. Robert Pollard's unaffected musings over the unmistakeable snoring during "Ex-Supermodel" is the best antidote for dorm-life inspired angst. And hey, it sounds just as good whatever your mood, so enjoy.

Guided By Voices - A Good Flying Bird

Guided By Voices - Ex-Supermodel


Guided By Voices - Little Whirl

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i mean, guided by voices is great and all, but when can i expect to see some wu tang clan?

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post...and screw "the man" Go to the meeting, smile, nod, and then do the opposite of whatever they say when you get out of the meeting. Thats what college is all about isnt it? - T

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, a good flying bird is a tobin sprout song

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home