Monday, October 24, 2005

i got beat by weather

Yes indeed, everyone's getting beat by weather around here. At least that's what the AIM away message consensus is. This is actually the first song I ever heard by Pavement back when Terror Twilight came out. It was on a new music program on WHFS, back when WHFS was not a spanish music station and they actually played a good indie song once in a while. I taped the program that this song was on, but somehow missed the DJ announcing name and the artist. So I had this on a tape that I listened to alot, and whenever it came to this song it always bothered me that I didn't know who it was. So imagine my glee when I was filling in the gaps in my Pavement collection, and this gem was at the end of it! I got so excited, I forgot to tell my friend who was driving at the time what the deal was. So, maybe, just maybe you also had this on a mixtape and always wondered what this bright little song had for a name. And if that is not the case, no loss, you still can laugh with us at the line: "Don't waste your precious breath /explaining that you are worthwhile," and enjoy the sound of one of the great bands of the 90's exiting with a wink and a smile.

Pavement - ...And Carrot Rope

*By the way, the Acid Mothers Temple show was fantastic. Here is a pic of the show, courtesy of my "artistic" (read: crappy) digital camera.

MAXIMUM! (the only english heard from them, instructing the sound guy on volume control)

Acid Mothers Temple - Atomic Rotary Grinding God (excerpt)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home