Sunday, October 30, 2005

he wages war with the devil

I heard this song the other morning while in the shower, my suitemate was playing it over his stereo which has one of it's speakers in the bathroom. I was pretty bleary, but there was something about this song that I immediately paid attention too. Maybe it was the bizarre lyrics about Jesus with "a pistol by his side" or maybe it was the sweet dark piano lines that punctuated them. Whatever it was, I asked him later and he told me it was from the Elizabethtown soundtrack. He was half-right, the song is on the soundtrack, but it's the version the Hollies did. I haven't heard the Hollies' version past the clip that Amazon has, but I think I like the original better if only for the piano. Either way, it's a good song, so enjoy.

Judee Still - Jesus Was A Crossmaker

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this movie had a neat soundtrack, but by itself, it was not so appetizing

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home