Thursday, April 20, 2006

i love questions


Continuing my Cee-Lo thread from last post, the very same raspy sweet voiced individual is featured the on this track from an album by a fellow Dungeon Family member - Witchdoctor. I only recently found out about this album, and from what I can tell many other people are not familiar with it either. Noz lists this along with ATLiens and Soul Food as his favorite DF releases and I have to thank him for mentioning A SWAT Healin' Ritual because it was the first I heard about it. This album has a very strong and unique atmosphere, representing the South in a similar fashion to how Wu-Tang's first couple albums represented Staten Island. The power of skilled rappers, (along with excellent production), to paint a portrait of their environment so that it becomes something else, a realm based in reality but drenched in bewitching visions is what I love most about the art form. Witchdoctor does this, inhabiting landscapes of sound stained with dark sepia and sunlight conjuring verses in compelling encantations. I highly recommend this album.

Witchdoctor - 7th Floor/The Serengetti

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

peter are you going to pelican + mono in richmond?

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home