Thursday, February 16, 2006

a thousand apologies


I know I was supposed to like The Shape Of Punk To Come, which aside from it's incredibly pompous title was pretty boring. But everyone seems to disagree with me on that, so I probably just didn't get it. Seems like I'm not the only one to miscalculate though, considering Dennis Lyxzen's next "effort", The (International) Noise Conspiracy probably is listed in the dictionary under "missed the point". That however does not take away from my appreciation of their previous album, Songs To Fan The Flames Of Discontent, a cleanly aggressive example of hardcore music being played right. There are no superfluous crowd noises, "we like jazz too" intros, or "maybe techno will save punk" interludes. Punk rock doesn't need to be saved or changed, all it needs is for people to play it well, which they already did before they tried to re-invent it and subsequently keel over. These two songs are some of my favorites from their second, unfortunately underrated album so check them out and enjoy the shape of some actual lean and mean punk.

Refused - It's not OK...

Refused - Crusader Of Hopelessness

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow man. I thought you'd be all up on that Shape of Punk. Hmm...i'm gonna recheck out Flames cos i thought that album was just a good hardcore album, nothing special. Opinion respected; maybe we both need to check out opposing Refused albums...
"They told me that thee klassix never go outta style, but they do. They do. Somehow baby i never thought that we would too."

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home