Thursday, January 26, 2006

brother, you're right


I don't know if it's the extremely cold weather we have had of late, or simply my mind wandering, but I have been missing Africa lately. I actually had never heard this song until about this time last year, when I told my friend that I would be there this summer and he played this song for me. But the people there were definitely familar with it. The people there are still crazy about Bob Marley, his face and music is obiquitous. Regardless of the fact that the revolutionary regime that he came to support in 1980 and sang about in this song has turned on the people it freed and is systematically destroying the lives of Zimbabweans, his popularity has not wavered. I am certain he would be horrified to see what has become of Mugabe's government if he were still alive today.

Bob Marley - Zimbabwe

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to learn more about your trips to africa

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home