Thursday, December 01, 2005

blue water in my blood

(Haiti Cherie)
woy...blue water in my blood
woy...this border in my blood
woy...broken shackle in my blood
woy...occupation in my blood
and the long black guns
and here the slave traders come
with their long black ships
and here the missionaries come
with their long black robes
and here the sacred side comes
on the hills with their drums
and here the soldiers soldiers come
with their long black guns

who's got their hands on the long black guns?
who's got their backs to the long black guns?
who's got their tongues in the dark rum?
who's got their backs to the long black guns?

If I had legs, I'd get up and move
If I had arms, I'd get up and fight


Black Eyes - On The Sacred Side

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah yeah, the best band of the decade, no contest.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home