Friday, February 10, 2006

ziggy played guitar


Somehow I managed to hear the cover of this song before I heard the original, when freshman year of high school a kid on the bus had And Such Is Progress and let me borrow it. I have posted on this album before, so I'll spare you the same spiel on the album and such, but I always thought this song really stood out. It has a different tone to it, a tinge of sweet vintage nostalgia I'm sure exists mainly in the instantly recognizable Ronson riff. It maybe that I just enjoy heavier bands takes on older songs, (see two posts down...), so maybe it's time to break out the Converge cover songs, but we'll see. Give this one a few listens, and if you don't already have the original, enjoy the Bowie glam gem as well.

Grade - Ziggy Stardust

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo and bauhaus, man.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bowie, what a nougat.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home