Thursday, January 22, 2009

before i write you


I happened to catch part of Exit Clov's set when they opened up for Cloud Cult last spring and was only half paying attention; but one song they played stuck in my head for days after. I ended up looking it up and became mildly infatuated with it for a while.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, when a friend put another of their songs on a mix and I immediately recognized the voices from somewhere. The distinctive dual female harmonies rang out, and while the tone of the song is completely different than MK Ultra, I knew it was them. I'm really into the reverby 1950's guitar sound, it's the perfect song for sitting late at a diner somewhere contemplating the realized and unrealized permutations of love, (see also "Sleepwalking").


Exit Clov – For Abednego

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home