Monday, January 05, 2009

failure


I'll spare the obligatory hand-wringing over the definition of "emo" and its present self-clowning incarnation, and I will even spare you the lecture about how late 80's Dischord was really the only true embodiment of the genre. What I won't spare you is exposure to the delicious self-flagellation of this song. When I really want to feel good about not liking myself, this song does the trick every time. For bonus points I can reminisce about the one time I met Ian Mackaye and made an ass of myself by asking him what he thought about some kid wearing a NOFX shirt at his show; and being subjected to probably the 2,342,345,325,345th time he chewed someone out for bugging him about his relation to straight edge.

Embrace - Building

2 Comments:

Blogger Far said...

Everybody has an embarrassing Ian Mackaye straight edge moment.

7:36 AM  
Blogger FM in Flames said...

when i met ian mackaye, i told him i was from fredericksburg. he asked me what the hell i was doing in spain.

great song. i was just listening to "dance of days"

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home